Auditions and Casting
P3 Theatre Company is Casting Actors for A Chorus Line
-$600P3 Theatre Company is excited to announce that we are currently casting non-union male presenting performers to fill specific roles in our fall production of A CHORUS LINE by Marvin Hamlisch, James Kirkwood, Michael Bennett, Nicholas Dante, and Edward Kleban.
Produced by P3 Theatre Company, Jon Peterson
Co-Produced by Krys Fehervari
Directed and Choreographed by Kami Seymour Martin
Musical Direction by Bill Wolfe
P3 Theatre Company is currently seeking video submissions for specific male presenting roles.
Please read the following instructions for video submissions carefully.
The roles available are Larry, Richie, Don, and the cut dancer/pit singer roles of Butch and Roy.
(Character breakdowns and compensation information is below)
Please email all submissions to Auditions@P3Theatre.biz
Submissions must include the following for consideration:
- Current headshot and resume
- 32-bars of a vocal selection of your choice (it is ok to sing from the show)
- For the roles of Richie and Don please submit a video recording of the acting sides corresponding with the role(s) for which you would like to be considered
- Character sides can be found at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1S8PjMJ_Gpa6BlpvN7xpRSzEeM3h_SASg?usp=sharing
- For ALL roles (Larry, Richie, Don, and cut dancer/pit singers) – please submit a video of the opening jazz combination from the show. Tutorial videos of these combinations can be found at:
- Jazz combination: https://youtu.be/BPvKHQtzRJE
- Please list any potential schedule restrictions/date conflicts for the rehearsal/production dates listed below (note: no conflicts are accepted for tech week or performances). Rehearsals will typically be Mon-Thurs evenings and full day Saturdays, but please list all potential conflicts.
**PLEASE NOTE: Casting talent local to Southern California only. Travel and housing is not being provided at this time.**
Larry (25+ – Tenor)
Zach’s assistant who teaches and demonstrates the audition dances.
Needs to be a great dancer, as he is the standard to which all of the auditioning dancers are held.
Richie Walters (23+. D3-A4 riff/falsetto ability up to E5 ideally but not required)
From Missouri. Enthusiastic, cool and very funny. Likeable and laid back. African-American; strong dancer.
Don Kerr (25+. D3-F#4)
Ladies’ man, married, and into cars, money, and women. Very sure of himself. All American guy. Cocky because he has worked with Zach before. From Kansas City.
There is pay. Pay range is $500-$600 total and will be determined by the combination of a fuel honorarium for rehearsals, and a rate of $20/hour for performances.
We are also looking to cast the following ‘cut dancers’ who do not make it to the actual line. These cut dancers will perform in the opening sequence of the show and will also double as pit singers backstage for the group numbers for all performances. The available cut dancer roles are Butch and Roy. These roles require excellent dance and vocal ability and will receive a fuel honorarium of $250 to cover travel to rehearsals and performances.
Rehearsals begin September 25, 2023
Tech Week is October 16-19, 2023
Performances: October 20-29, 2023
Rehearsals will take place in two locations: at Los Angeles Valley College in Valley Glen and at the Hermosa Beach Community Center in Hermosa Beach
Tech Rehearsals and Performances will take place at the Hermosa Beach Community Center Main Theatre, 710 Pier Ave, Hermosa Beach, CA
P3 Theatre Company encourages performers of all ethnicities and gender identities, as well as performers with disabilities, to attend.
Please email Auditions@P3Theatre.biz with any questions.
Share the Love! Let Your Friends Know About Us.